Wednesday, February 08, 2012

DBMM Sassanid vs Alan

Played game at Stephens yesterday evening using yet another iteration (has to be a viable army) from that list against Stephen using the Alan list. Great game with terrain falling quite well for me. In fact as always we discussed that if I had simply sat still there would likely be no game as no flanks for his predominately Light Horse army to attack and not really in Persian best interests to go forward to the more open side of the table. But as its a game we want to play when we get together then none of that nonsense occurred.
As always the Irregular Inept status of the bulk of Sassanid army is major crimp on their ability to manoeuvre.
Weather conditions turned out to be Mud which gave any Knights on table a problem (I had 4 KnX the Alans a command of KnF). Game ended with Alan victory as both my flanks went.

More crappy iPhone pics

Alans engaging Dailami

Elephants wheel (really slowly)

Left flank

Opening moves


10 comments:

  1. What scale / figures were you using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, playing counts the most.

    Nice layout for sure

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always find it funny that there's a barbarian tribe named after my Father-in-Law!

    Pity they beat your Persians. Better luck next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent stuff, you get quite a few games in.......damn lucky my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great looking game, even with an iPhone pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "What scale / figures were you using?"
    15mm my Persians are an odd mix of old Mikes Models, Minifigs and newer Essex, mates Alans are mostly Essex with some Khurasanian Miniatures.

    "you get quite a few games in.......damn lucky my friend."
    SWMBO * happy that I am not at pub or chasing skirt and glad to get me out from under her feet as often as possible :-)

    *She Who Must Be Obeyed

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anyone who can understand the DBMM rules is a walking genius in my book.

    Nice looking table as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Anyone who can understand the DBMM rules is a walking genius in my book."

    The basic overall principles are not that far removed from DBA but yes things can get tad complicated especially when situations occur on tabletop that are not straightforward.
    But I do feel DBMM gives a greater depth to the game compared with say Field Of Glory or Hail Caesar (both perfectly good rules in their own ways).
    Genial is a more fitting G-Word for me than genius :-)

    ReplyDelete