Monday, February 13, 2012

The Last Crusade: Beach Head To Berlin (Card Wargame)

Played this nice little collectible card wargame at my Dads tonight after a hiatus of several years (we used to play it regularly even completing a full Campaign). I used the US decks and Dad the Germans (just for a change). A very enjoyable time with this very playable game despite it developing into a stalemate. I have the Russian Front version which I must dig out as never used in anger !
Scary when I look at number of decks I had collected..........













Usual crap iPhone pics

Overview of game with successful US assault in middle (soon reversed though)



Dug-in US 57mm AT Gun

























US Paras about to get fried..............

5 comments:

  1. Only ever played Magic, really liked the idea of Historical CCG's but one monkey on the back was enough for me

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks and sounds great.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I played for for a while back it its days and enjoyed the games. Found it took a few hours, and so could play a 3-4 games of Tank commander (another CCG)in the same time, or even an actual minis games with the 20mm plastics. So we gave up on both CCGs and went back to figures for our ww2 fix. We really like the rules mechanisms and the way it handled supply and disabling units etc. I'm glad it still gets outings like yours as it really gives a good tense game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very interesting?? Where do you get these from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Looks very interesting?? Where do you get these from?"

    Its a old (90's) game which as far as I know is out of print ? May be some source still with a few packs ? For basic game you would need at least 2-3 packs and of course the more the merrier.

    "I played for for a while back it its days and enjoyed the games. Found it took a few hours, and so could play a 3-4 games of Tank commander (another CCG)in the same time, or even an actual minis games with the 20mm plastics."
    Yes it can take a while. I had Tank Commander (Eastern Front?) but didnt like it much as not as many options as TLC (I love all the tactical/strategic action cards). As with boardgames the transportability of TLC is part of attraction.

    ReplyDelete