Saturday, April 07, 2012

White Star Rising Operation Cobra expansion arrives

This expansion for my recently acquired White Star Rising arrived today being a bunch of new scenarios covering the Op Cobra breakout and a sheet and a bit of new counters for the game (Includes extra German US & Brit counters with new Canadian and Free French). Nice addition if a tad expensive and a rather 'cartoonish' cover to the booklet.











Also had a quick solo play of a Conflict Of Heroes scenario from the Storm of Steel edition and jolly enjoyable it was too even though the Ivans got trounced (I sort of forgot how potent German units generally in the game especially their single Tiger Tank). I ought to play this one more as such beautiful components and a really good system of Command and Control/Action Points/Cardplay.







5 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:47 am

    Hi Gary, I really like the Polish expansion for CoH as the Germans aren't as deadly and you get to have cavalry and an armoured train as the Poles. Have you seen that Academy games are releasing a PC version of CoH? Might be worth a look.
    Cheers, Norman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Price of Honour is a great expansion (got to love those Polish Tanks)
    The PC game looks interesting but think I will wait until I see some reviews
    Awakening the Bear is also being re-issued with updated maps and lots of new counters

    Their Strike of Thr Eagle game looks very good too !! I need a lottery win :-)
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:47 pm

    Aye Gary, tell me about it. I cracked after Christmas and bought Strike of the Eagle - a beautiful looking game and I might even get around to playing it someday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to their series of Gettysburg games too !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:04 pm

    Funnily enough I was playing The Gamer's "Thunder at the Crossroads" yesterday - day 2 Longstreet's attack. Great system and a good game, made better by my Texas brigade blowing a huge hole in the Union line a Devil's Den!

    ReplyDelete