Thursday, August 16, 2012

Wings Of War plus Pike & Shotte arrive.........

Couple more goodies arrived today

£15 on Ebay and in excellent condition (does not look to have been played) I suspect if its a decent game  I will no doubt collect a few of the very nice miniatures associated with this

























Big fan of FOGR but could not resist this one (£19.50 on Amazon) !

























Personal note:
My son Steven got his his A Level results today and passed and so is off to Nottingham University to read History from late September.
I am a heady mix of immensely proud/relieved/emotional/missing him madly already (as essentially an overseas 'posting')/feeling rather old/end of an era.
















NB He has had his girly hair cut since this as a real bug-bear of mine !! that is him on right by the way not the dashing and youthful figure on left playing 'pocket billiards' :-)

Postscript:

Check out 'The Blog With No Name' who has a giveaway type competition running and is looking to boost his follower numbers, some very nice prizes in pipeline

http://walladvantage2.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/100-followers-why-thank-you-all.html

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your son! Wings is light, but fun - it was quite popular at our club for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes looks fun and I always drooled over the miniature planes :-)

      Delete
  2. I've got a copy of P&S and it looks great and since I really enjoy Black Powder I'm sure it will be good. Never tried wings of war, but do like bi-planes. Keep us posted on the play tests.

    Congrats to your son on his success and I hope things go well at the university.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only had briefest of looks at P&S but looks rather good but convincing mates to try them over FogR will be a problem I suspect

      Delete
  3. You sound like a good dad, definitely unlike me, congrats to him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having seen my photo I assume I don't LOOK like one :-)

      Delete
  4. Congrats to your son - I hope he enjoys the course.

    I too am reaching the point where the eldest son will not be around much longer. I'll miss the grunting and being woken at 3am when he finally goes to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done to Sgt Steiner jnr!!! My daughters on holiday with her Mum, we've got to wait until she gets home to find out how she got on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was close to being manic (not far to travel if truth be told) overnight waiting for results the thought of waiting even longer would have sent me straight to funny farm !
      Hope she turns out as happy as mine is

      Delete
  6. Nottingham has a good rep, I live close by. Also it just happens to have the most games companies of all the UK's cities (are you sure it was his choice?)

    Thanks for the plug as well

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  7. An added bonus indeed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to your young son SGt Steiner and great pick up with the Wings of War, it is great fun and I beleive it was a bargain. I picked up a load of the planes. We have never really used the higher lower levels and usually don't count instant kills etc, just collect the points till we are downed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers
      Wings look like fun and I always coveted those nice minis :-)
      No time to try yet as out celebrating and finishing off the TYW game (excellent) and now have Kutusov set up for trial

      Delete
  9. Congratulations to Steven! he certainly does tower over his parents, doesn't he?

    When my first daughter went off to college we missed her a lot... for about 2 weeks, then got used to it. When my 2nd daughter went off to college, leaving my wife and I alone together - Yee-hah! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is 6' 4" (and known as the small boy). Whenever he is away the dog and I pine for him something rotten and Jan spends hours cleansing his room :-)

    ReplyDelete