Wednesday, January 02, 2013

A Victory Denied board Wargame setup

A Victory Denied board Wargame by MMP arrived a few days ago and just managed to get it set up for a tryout over next couple of days.
Looks to be a fairly low complexity game but nice all the same.
Chit pull system to activate formations each turn with odds based combat and usual stuff like reinforcements, Luftwaffe.
Has numerous VP locations but each with hidden value which is interesting twist.
Nice map and decent counters (although bit small/fiddly for my paws)












2 comments:

  1. I look forward to your thoughts on the game. I've been thinking about buying it myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Initial thoughts are that is very playable and straight forward And whilst not really bringing anything new to table its low unit count and lack of chrome makes it easy to pick up and play. But has enough small twists (such as chit pull and hidden VP totals) to give it good variance for replay. I have old PzGruppe Guderian which I love and this feels like a slightly slicker version of same campaign.

      Delete