Thursday, February 09, 2012

Prussia's Defiant Stand board game arrives.......and new Maurice preview version available.....

Prussia's Defiant Stand board wargame arrived (via the as ever excellent service from Boardgame Guru) and very nice it looks too. A block type game with cards as well. Had to spend a wee while placing the unit stickers on the little wooden blocks. Now to read the rules and give it a run through does not look to involved or difficult at first blush.
















Had ordered 'No Peace Without Spain' but source let me down and I cannot find it in stock elsewhere in UK but on look out for it as a further acquisition. Mate Stephen also on a boardgame kick having bought 'Price Of Freedom' an American Civil War game from same company which we hope to try in due course.










Also new preview edition of Maurice rules from Sam Mustafa available (http://www.sammustafa.com/honour/ ) which I have downloaded but not read through yet to see what changes there are. Basic card set has changed I note and I believe this version has more from the full set. Publication due in Spring and I look forward to it.

8 comments:

  1. More boxed goodness, the addiction is flourishing my friend......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just pre-ordered FOG Nspoleonics too !!
    Might as well spend it while I can before government takes it all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prussia's Defiant Stand is a fun game... if you ever want a VASSAL opponent, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. look forward to seeing what you make of the game once you have played it. I've been picking up some boardgames of late and am always on the lookout for more good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "if you ever want a VASSAL opponent, let me know."
    Never tried Vassal so may take you up on that in due course. Is it easy to use ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really looking forward to the release of Maurice!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  7. VASSAL has quirks, but they quickly fade into the background as the game play ramps up. You might game a lot more once you try it because it is convenient either PBEM or real time..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PBEM ? I thought it was real time only which is why I have never tried it. Interesting.
      Send me an email to sgt.steiner@virgin.net and we can try it.
      Might be good way to learn the game too.
      Cheers

      Delete