Friday, April 29, 2011

Seven Years War Russians on parade






















Having watched lots of soldiers on parade at Royal Wedding thought my Seven Years War Russians should do same especially as I am in midst of prettying up bases, from basic plain green flock, in preparation for a game this coming Bank Holiday Monday.
Going to try Die Fighting rules again in conflict with Stephens Frederickian ubermensch....................


The whole bunch (well couple of Cossack units missing)
14 Line Infantry Battalions, 2 Observation Corps, 4 Grenadiers, 6 Gun Batteries, 3 Hussar Regiments, 4 Cuirassier, 2 Horse Grenadiers, 1 Dragoon and a bunch of Command figures.
Mostly Old Glory with couple units of Essex and Minifigs.
















Guns, Grenadiers, Cuirassier and Hussars (note the mounted and gun bases are finished the foot not)



Line Infantry in summer and standard garb and Horse Grenadiers




Horse Grenadiers



Cuirassier



Hussars and Cuirassier




Commanders and Grenadiers



Observation Corps and Dragoons to the fore



9 comments:

  1. WoW! That's a lot of troops!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of Russians, have a good game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very smart looking troops, go kick some Prussian butt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking Russian. I have always wanted to try out SYW but the only guys I know wh play it are hardcore gamers (and I am too chilled out I fear). I really like the look of the uniforms from this period.
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi

    Ta for comments chaps.

    SYW is very interesting period and yes uniforms are eye catching but simpler in general than Nappy types to do.
    Hardcore eh ? what rules do they use/argue/fight with ?
    I use Might & Reason, Field Of Battle, PK Cartouche and now Die Fighting (have also tried Blackpowder and others) as the mood takes me all very much in the playable realm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sgt S,
    Can't remember what rules they use? the cavalry was in very small units (or at least that is how it appeared compared to Naps) Sat through a couple of battles in a garage, look good and the guys looked to have lots of fun but there was a hell of a lot of sheets, rule referencing and tense debating and that reminded me of when my brother and I 1st tried Naps rules 20 years ago.

    The guys have been playing together for probably the last 100 years ;0)

    Maybe 1 day (when I come close to having enough Naps done to slow down!) I'll paint up a SYW army
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great army !! You make a great work !! Compliments

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to let you know that I have nominated you for the "Stylish Blogger Award"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carlo

    What does that mean and/or entail ?

    Ta anyway sounds good :-)

    Gary

    ReplyDelete