Thursday, August 14, 2014

Panzer Grenadier board game tried (The Road To Berlin)

Had a game with recently acquired Panzer Grenadier game the 'Road To Berlin' module and a decent game it is too.
A successor to Panzer Blitz/Panzer Leader and comparable to White Star Rising but with bit more meat on bones.
Very easy to pick up with not too many special rules/exceptions to remember (main one we forgot was that units can have to shots including Tanks within Efficiency rating - all Germans and Soviet Guards in this module).
I also have the Beyond Normandy game which I will have to try out.
A whopping 75 scenarios of varied size included so a vast amount of replay value.
The counters are what I would describe as functional compared to White Star Rising or Hill Of Death but correspondingly easier to read than WSR in particular.
Couple of quirky armour ratings for some AFVs in my opinion (such as Su100 having 3 armour vs T34s 5 ?) but only minor quibble really.



































Another bunch of recent board Wargame acquisitions.
I have also bought quite a few painted figures as well of late (but no pics) mainly via EBay but with a full painted French 1814 Army and a SYW Prussian force currently being completed for me (I simply do not have the time to devote to painting at present)

































No comments:

Post a Comment