Saturday, June 02, 2012

Field Of Glory Renaissance game





















Played a FOGRen game today using my Imperialists against Stephen's Ottoman Turks.
Great game that turned into a bit of a bloodbath with both of us failing Death Rolls left right and centre. Turkish cannon gave a unit of Cuirassier and one Tercio a real pasting.
I flank marched with two units of Reiters but they took rather too long to appear.
My Great General (Pappenheim) lead a single unit of Cuirassier on my left fending of shooting and charges by three units of Turk Cavalry and Spahis light horse.
However a charge by a Tercio and my Tratischer unit failed to break a unit of Jannisaries (awesome shooting) and Turk foot and when this Tercio broke the game was lost.
Great stuff with a complex but playable set of rules.

I still find it strange how much like FOGRen compared to the Ancients version which I try to like but find largely blah..................


Imperial starting posistions


Turks finishing their deployment


Turk foot

Turkish artillery redoubt

Imperial left

Imperial left



Early Tercios advance
Turkish centre

Turkish right

Pappenheim hemmed in !

Failed Tercio charge 

Tercio routs past cannon line

Belated arrival of Reiters on Turkish left


Pappenheim and Cuirassier up close and personal

Hard to believe they fought their way out of this unscathed

4 comments:

  1. I've heard FoG criticized pretty often, but I will say the mass of figures always looks good on the table. Fine looking game.

    FMB

    ReplyDelete
  2. FOG isn't for me, however I think your board looks just great and what's important is you had fun!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yet to try FoG:R but I do like FoG, but then my experiance was always WRG 6th. I hope to like FoG:R but it seems to lack ECW flavour. At least your post gives me hope

    Ian

    ReplyDelete