Friday, July 28, 2023

Combat Mission Pbem game completed.


Pbem game with Mike I had ongoing with venerable Combat Mission Barbarossa To Berlin completed with his Ivans gaining a minor victory.

Scenario was Izyium Diet Plan set in May 1942. 

I had taken a couple of 'Flag' objectives early on but a troop of PzIIIs on my left flank were annihilated by a T34 and a KV1 in short order and this allowed Mike to push a T70 onto one of my objectives to contest it (no Panzerfausts this early on)

On right we had a ding dong with my Stugs and PzIVs and his armour. Lots of lowly T26s dispatched but again the KV1 is of sterner stuff.

I had at one point 3 AFVs with damaged guns which fairly stymied my hitting power. 

A veritable flood of Ivan infantry appeared and again Mike was able to contest a 'Flag' to gain the win despite suffering marginally higher losses.

This was a cracking encounter.




Overview of 'table' from Hun right









Annoying T70 contesting a 'flag'










The final result and casualty tally
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment