Thursday, October 07, 2010

Lasalle rules........projects.........a quandry.................

Lasalle rules ordered despite not having a single Napoleonic figure ! Gave them a brief scan through several months ago at Stephens and thought they looked like a good set of wargame rules. Stephen has played couple of games with them and seems taken with them so am further intrigued........................

However this puts me in a true wargamers dilemma ie what project do I take on as way too many options going through my tiny mind !!

With another trip to Warfare show confirmed (ie paid for) in November I want to buy/look at figures for:-



1. Prussian Napoleonic 15mm. Large number of figures required for Lasalle ?
2. Teutonic Knight army for Dbmm (I have been researching this since having playtest with them) ?
3.  Russian 10mm Barborassa period WWII army for Blitzkrieg Commander II or similar. Possibly a 6mm project instead ?
4. 16th Century Rennaisance army for DBR/FOGR ?
5. 6mm 1980's BAOR army for Modern Spearhead or Cold War Commander ?
6. Great Northern War Swedish in 10mm (Stephen keen on this)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

4 comments:

  1. If I had to choose from that list I would do Lasalle in 6mm! Failing that 6mm BOAR. Then a BKC2 army, again probably 6mm. If I had the time I would also do the Swedes as I've always had soft spot for the GNW after reading Voltaire's book on Charles XII.

    If you can't decide....do the lot! :)

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andy

    Your a great help ! :-)

    15mm for Lasalle as thats what gaming partner has. Not sure my eyes are up to painting 6mm Nappies anyhow. 10mm maybe.

    BAOR easiet (and likely to be a supplemental) as I have AFVs 'just' need Inf & Support stuff.

    GNW is attractive and I love Pendraken 10mm

    But then Teutonic Knights in wedges are cool and realtively easy to paint, and they are essentially early form of Panzer :-)

    I could buy it all (by selling wife & son into slavery and auctioning off all other worldly goods) but painting it all......not in this lifetime :-)

    Still hmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have played Lasalle and it's fun. Btw should I invest in figures (DBMM apart ofc), I will look for 10mm just to change perspective....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lorenzo

    Lasalle looks like a very polished system. Nappies not a period I am into much but the Prussians do appeal.
    If I went for them it would likely be my sole painting project for a considreable time !
    Hoping to play Lasalle soon which will no doubt make up my mind. Its a toss up between them and Teutons................

    I have 10mm Malburian & WWII and very nice they are too (mostly Pendraken). If I was starting out in WWII again I would go with these as nice balance between 15/25mm and 6mm.
    Easier to paint individually than 15mm but beware you can end up painting lots more to fill bases :-)

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete