Thursday, December 24, 2020

All Bridges Burning set up

Managed to get All Bridges Burning fully set up for hopefully playing through of the tutorial. 

As with all the COIN games components are excellent and rather eye catching (loving the wintery look)

Similarly to all games in the series there are several nuances and unique rules specific to the subject matter at hand, which being about the Finnish Civil War in 1917-18 I am not at all familiar with.

This is first COIN title I have that has an overtly non-combatant style faction (the Moderates) which is primarily Political rather than Military or Insurgent, interesting to see how they play.

Unfortunately my levels of concentration of late have been rather low (anyone else finding this ?) and will have to try this one in small chunks if I am to assimilate it to any degree. 






5 comments:

  1. Not a period I know much about, the Finish Civil War?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes new to me as well, always interesting researching a lesser known period

      Delete
  2. I have four or five COIN games and played them all. I don't have this one so would love to hear what you think of it. I'm a social gamers so I haven't played the COIN game solo. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only slowly getting into the game. But certainly a bit different to other COIN games. Reds and Senate both are better with their Cells being Active rather than Hidden/Underground which is sort of reverse of usual methods. Not really got a handle on any of the factions yet especially the Moderates. Game is split into two time periods 1917 and 1918 essentially with Phase II being more military action based (Germans can activate). I usually play solo to learn but of vourse this year its been mainly solo bar a few months.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the info. We are still gaming multiple times a week, face-to-face, since May. Hopefully you can return to your old gaming form in the near future. Have a wonderful New Year!!

      Delete