Friday, July 22, 2022

L'Art De La Guerre - two games with Punic Romans


Couple of games of LADG with Stephen using my Punic Roman against Carthaginians and Pyrrhic forces.

First game against Hannibal's lot saw one of my traditional horror dice rolling 'events' across a couple of turns with my Legionaries.........so many ones all at once...........

Against Pyrrhus dice much more forgiving except at set up which despite my choosing Mountain terrain left me bereft of all but one central steep hill.

I always find it a struggle with Romans to protect army flanks (especially if terrain placement unkind) as enemy usually has just sufficient superiority in mounted types to cause major problems.

One of these days....................






On the plains against Carthage







And against Pyrrhic at the 'Lonely Mountain' (steep hill)




2 comments:

  1. Great looking troops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Romans are from about 1988 and done in enamels !!

      Delete