Sunday, July 28, 2024

Ulster Wargames Society - Sharps Practice Game and a milestone reached

Society meeting and Jeremy D put on a Sharps Practice game using his 28mm French and Austrians for Revolutionary period in Italy.

Austrians (Jeremy, Paddy and I) nominally defenders of a village and its line of communication with French (Dave S, Dave M and Jeremy N) attackers.

Six leaders per side (2 per player) with 12-14 units under command. 

Fun game with plenty of incident including a bloody sequence of cavalry charges and my losing 7 skirmish figures in one turn (for once I rolled a ton of sixes !!) and in the end French winning as Austrian Morale expended.
























Also this week I celebrated my 60th birthday (how did that happen !!) so lots of family visiting including my son and brother and family over from England.


The Barrmen (Steven, my Dad, Warren and moi)













Chomping time a favoured Barr pastime













Great time although really missed my wee dark furry pal Lucy (who passed on 16th) although her 'other half' Joy of course got spoilt rotten.




6 comments:

  1. Very nice houses!
    Passed the big "6" oh last year; it does make you start thinking about retirement as everything gets harder!
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Houses are Mdf types which Jeremy than 'plastered' with Tetrion or similar very effective.
      I was lucky enough to retire at 55 so 5 years of bliss so far :-)

      Delete
  2. A great looking bash and a very Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers and it was a light fun game

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday, Garry! 70 is is coming up all too soon for me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The march of time is certainly relentless :-)

      Delete