Friday, March 11, 2011

FOGR Early Catholic versus Ottoman Turkish

Played another excellent game of FogR today against Stephen using my Early Catholic this time with Late Tercios against Ottomans with minimum Mounted. Great game again with my mounted wing charging uphill (a strong position for defenders as with no recoil or push backs in system they have to be routed to lose the uphill POA), could have gone either way but once my Cuirassier units each lost a base to death rolls they begin to wane. I really ought to be less aggressive with them and hunt enemy mounted not large foot units but it is for sure fun hurling them in !  Not much action elsewhere as we were both loathe to advance anywhere near Artillery. Time ran out but Imperialists well up against it and not looking good for their future well being.................................



Imperialist deployment




Turks deployed





Turk Cavalry















Later Tercios 
















Turk Heavy Artillery and supports















Jannissaries advance onto hill

















Their mounted opponents approach

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful game.

    And remember, as Obi Wan said: It's over, Anakin! I have the high ground!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    Thanks for comments, the Renn armies are interesting and colourful of themselves and we are constantly finding in FogR that troops that seem the same are subtly diverse on the table at least in our TYW encounters.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely looking game, Sgt. Steiner. If I wasn't such a Napoleonics tragic, I think the era of Pike and Shot would be the period I'd do next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi funnily I have just started first Napoleonics ever ! 1813 Prussians nearly done (well initial batch !!) and eyes have crossed several times !!
    :-)

    What Napoleonic rules do you use ? I am basing for Lasalle.

    ReplyDelete