Sunday, April 29, 2012

My bulging Wargames room


















Few pics (playing with new iPad toy) of my games room which with the 7ft x 5ft table I managed to squeeze in is somewhat bunged to its qills with wargaming 'pruc' (better half does not mind the wargaming as long as it stays in one room).
Works fine with max of 3-4 players only real problem being moving past each other to use bathroom facilities.
Of course its better than Mr Wells back breaking knee smashing floor version.
I really need a lottery win !!!!!!!!!!!!


Boardgames and file boxes of figures

More boardgames and figure boxes plus boxes of unpainted lead...........


Drawers full of terrain items and rules (beware for we are Legion)



Reference books and rules array







More boxes of figures

Pics on wall as too lazy to repaint



Of course the whole area underneath the table is used for more boxes of magazines, games etc !!
























Also a PBEM game ongoing with West Front from Campaign Series of a scenario 'Crown Of Thorns' covering action around Hill 112 Normandy 1944




10 comments:

  1. Wow! Now that's economizing space!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see the old lady SL and gamettes in the first shot and is that a second GI in another, oor did you move it LOL

    Most of us would kill to have that room full of gear.

    Nice one

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still prefer SL to ASL (just a tad too complex) and that GI box (and those below) contains road & marshes for mini games.
    GI contents in another box as I disliked the changes (really a pro-type ASL) especially the counters. Only 1 copy thereof.

    And yes I am spoilt but one can still dream :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very busy looking room, can you fit anything else in??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always find room for more !! fitting myself in might become a problem eventually :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:58 pm

    Amazing how much space we wargamers take up with our little soldiers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is 200,000% tidier than my wargames room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of the space I think all very well organised!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:12 pm

    Hi Gary, Amen to the SL v ASL opinion - and Panzergruppe Guderian on the shelf as well - another classic.
    I'm dead jealous - I seem to spend half my life setting up and taking down wargames in the dining room! Norman

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are several other AH classics out of sight

    And yes gifted to have permanent set-up

    ReplyDelete