Thursday, May 03, 2012

More Board Wargaming goodness..........

Had a quick blast at an oldie couple of nights ago 'Cobra' (TSR version). Great game despite the fiddly counters. Very straightforward game but nonetheless playable and just plain fun. I only played a few turns (as something else turned up of which more later........) but easily got back into swing of the game despite it being 20yrs since I last played it !! Germans were holding British easily south of Caen but the US forces build-up to the west was becoming irresistible.











The arrival of this (EBay purchase) saw me swiping Cobra of my table to set this one up for a run through.
Looks rather good with low unit count although the card map is bit underwhelming as in I would not have liked to have paid full whack for it.










2 comments:

  1. Cobra? Sweet! I played that so many times in the '80s! Just look at all the SS units in the British front. I remember a rule about carpet bombing one German hex (ugh) and weather being crucial for the Germans. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be 80's since I last played it !!! But amazing how much I started to recall once I got going. The Carpet Bombing could be rather nasty but I always found the Brits had torrid time at Caen vs the Black Horde.
    Would be nice to see this one re-issued.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete