Wednesday, February 10, 2021

A couple of rules purchases


Couple of rule sets that have been in pipeline now released or on pre-order.

Hoping one or both with help lift me from current miniatures gaming doldrums as this interminable lockdown continues here in NI/UK.











First up is 'O Group' from Dave Brown/TFL which I have pre-ordered (due for release 1st March) consisting of rule book, a Pdf of same and set of game tokens.

Been waiting for this one eagerly as love authors Panzer Grenadier Deluxe set and the TFL videos/podcasts have whetted appetite.
















Then its Lasalle 2 from Sam Mustafa and massively revised re-boot of his original Lasalle rules.

Only got this on Pdf ($19) as too expensive from US to UK (despite Sam offering a limited time reduced shipping cost) and will wait until a UK retailer has stock, especially as no rush with face to face gaming being null and void for foreseeable future.

Only just delving into these but looking good so far as seems to be original set with some ideas from Blucher and Maurice sets as well as new concepts.

At least something to tide me over until O Group arrives :-)




4 comments:

  1. Fuel for the rules addiction, Gary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Currently it is better that instead of booze or food !! :-)

      Delete
  2. At the same level as O group, I warmly recommend the print on demand Combat HQ:
    https://www.wargamevault.com/product/344717/Combat-HQ-Total-War?src=newest&filters=40101_0_40010_44301

    I was hesitating between this and O group and got the pdf a while back. They have a very interesting activation mechanism. I liked them so much that eventually, I got the hardback (author gave me a discount). With the PoD option, I think I paid USD 3 for shipping.

    I did not go with O group because of the scale representation. In 3mm, I can field proper battalions :) admittedly based in platoons.

    Good luck with the addiction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Combat HQ and liked a lot of the concepts. But I know I disliked how Veteran units were modelled with extra dice as it could mean light stuff like M5 Stuart could be equal to or even better than Medium tanks. But not played enough to be sure.

      Delete