Sunday, March 15, 2020

A round up after busy weekend

Been off line couple of days so quick round up of wargaming activity.

Attended Elimination Club (last meeting for a period due to Covid-19 issues) briefly on Friday where a 10mm League of Augsburg game using Black Powder was being played by Bryn and Shane.
No idea as to result.



























Quick solo game of Colonial Twilight on Saturday and what an enjoyable time again with the ever excellent COIN system (I could happily self-isolate with these games alone never mind all my other options)









And game tonight with my Dad of Combat Commander with the ever excellent Barrikady Factory scenario from the Stalingrad Pack.
Right down to the wire with Dad narrowly failing to out number my Ivans in factory (20 units each) as Time ran out.
A good third of the factory was rubble of blazing.







++Footnote++

My parents are both over 70 but in otherwise decent respiratory health, but are worried and concerned by UK plans to combat Covid-19 by having them self-isolate for 4+ months and I fully understand why.
I am behind (or at least understand) UK Government plans thus far, but do think they need better information dissemination to at least try to allay some genuine fears and concerns.
Bottom line is that for some sadly this pandemic will doubtless have a fatal outcome and maybe for others a life changing impact physically, mentally and otherwise (think the economic issues are yet to be fully revealed/assessed) 
I did try to explain that they pretty much keep to themselves anyhow (not big into social activities) so maybe not too much of a stretch with support from me and Jan.
Strange times and am just thankful I am no longer a Police Officer as the temptation to baton to a pulp the 'bulk-buyers' and 'doomsday merchants' would be just too much for me I fear !!
The despicably selfish behaviour by some 'members' of society is truly infuriating to say the least.
If only Covid-19 targeted the stupid gene rather than elderly/infirm............















2 comments:

  1. Great looking games Sgt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chaps use large 60 fig Inf Bttns for their 10mm games.

    ReplyDelete