Monday, March 30, 2020

Vassal game of Combat Commander

After several failed attempts I managed to set up a Vassal (and Face Time) game with my Dad with the ever excellent Combat Commander.

Bit of a 'struggle' to get him set up with the modules and so forth but once we got going all went smoothly.

Game saved part way through and hopefully easy enough to restore progress.

Not face to face but hopefully it will help him get through his self-isolating phase a bit easier.

Time certainly flew !

We did try TCP/IP connections with both old Combat Mission and Campaign Series PC games but with no success sadly.


3 comments:

  1. That's awesome. I can recall my father and I playing Close Combat III via TCP back in the late 90s. The good old days...

    V/R,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you are having problems with playing on line. Hope you can get it resolved..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vassal works fine but sadly could not get Campaign Series or Combat Mission games to work via live TCP/IP links (Pbem ok) just too old I guess.

    ReplyDelete