I was defending French and Stephen the Russians.
Both sides sides start with about a third of their force on table with reserves arriving to boost to 19 units versus 20 (French/Russian).
I pushed initial forces forward onto central hill with Ivans pushing initially on their left.
Both sides had their Light Cavalry forces on same wing and initial clash bewixt these saw Cossack forced back in disorder (a state they retained throughout) and it seemed French would gain ascendancy but was not to be as Russian Hussars broke on of their counterparts in short order and forced another back.
Both sides reserves arrived quite soon
On my left it was mostly a stalemate as it was in center around hill aided by a Russian Brigadier General coming off his horse (although and his disordered troops were rallied before I could take advantage).
But on my right the arrival of a Russian Brigade of Grenadiers proved too tough for French and this wing was soon crumbling.
Morale losses mounted and soon plunged to zero from 24 (Russians had lost around 10 of their 25) and I was then gifting to Ivans.
I did pass my Army Morale role but called it quits as losses too grievous.
As ever fun game played to completion with this FOB variant.
My dice rolling was mostly fine except I just could not roll Evens on 'Action' Cards meaning I was restricted in Order options especially at key times (ain't that always the way !)
Trying out a new blanket/fleece mat (£10) which lies really well over hills but is bit bland in colour (will try to stick on some shading if I can be bothered)
Initial French deployment with Foot Brigade on left around Jakubowo and Hussars on hill on right wing
French advance onto central hill just before Ivan Jager do same
As an aside I found these images which certainly awoke some nostalgic childhood memories













No comments:
Post a Comment