Thursday, August 27, 2026

Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game - two scenarios played

Game at Stephens today and he choose to use MESBG with his excellent kit.

Just for a change I took the Minas Morgul list (was rather last minute arranging game) at 700pts with usual Witch King on a Fell Beast with a Troll, a couple of Spectres and usual mix of Moranin and Mordor Orcs.












First up Stephen used an Alliance (?) army with mix of Elves (barstewards every one) and Gondorians.

Scenario was to retrieve several Artifacts.

I won initiative on first couple of turns but only managed find  and dig up 1 of 3 artifacts (I had a Spectre fail on 5 attempts despite only needing to roll 7+ on 2d6).

Elves and their Heroes (powerful sods) proved too tough for the Orcs who just cant beat any rolls of 6 by Elves although I did manage to keep Witch King alive (he cast 5 spells but none had any effect)

I did try to run off with an artifacts but was caught and it was stolen from the dead Orc



















Second game was against Riders of Rohan with Theodan, Eomer and someone else with lots of Riders and several on foot.

This scenario was a Capture and Conquer type with 5 central placed objectives up for grabs.

Only the Witch King and Troll really have much chance against the Rohan Riders and indeed Witch King managed to Transfix one which Troll dispatched (Rending is always nice) and and Fell Beast akso managed to Hurl a Hero causing loss of two horses. 

But not much else went way of Orcs as the Riders are essentially battering rams who get to choose when to close with Orcs.

Stephens shooting was awful with both bow and throwing spears but charges by Riders uniformly successful everywhere with hordes of Orcs thrown to ground and then its really an auto-kill and I lost 10 in first charge and several each turn after seeing my army Break.

Fun games as always but one really needs to have a properly deep knowledge of the Heroes and their abilities to make an army effective.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment