Friday, March 02, 2012

DBMM Minoan vs Assyrian

Played another Dbmm game today as Stephen desperate to field his Sargonid Assyrian army (very nice it is too), my Minoans were again the willing victims. Good game although my dice were pretty abysmal throughout both for movement Pips and Combats. Despite the fun factor of the game we both feel there is too much manouevre in Dbmm (and indeed most if not all Ancients rules) as groups are too readily able to re-deploy from one side of table to the other. However remove this manouevring and games would likely get a tad boring.
I hope to try Hail Caesar which of course seems to allow even slicker movement options !



The armies at deployment


Assyrian Cavalry
Assyrian 4 Horse Chariots














Minoan foot behind their Tower Shields

Assyrian Spearmen


Minoan Chariots

Minoans on the move





Assyrians on the move in usual 'away from me' direction

More Assyrian Chariots

4 comments:

  1. I have a sizeable Assyrian army, 25mm "new" Minifigs, mostly, that looks to get some play if we get out informal Hail Caesar campaign off the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just tried out Hail Caesar for first time today and 'informal' sums it up in many ways. Not a bad thing compared to the more 'formal' Dbmm and FOG. I found them fun although I dislike the shooting coming after movement (just as in Black Powder) without reply by stationary side. Unit type interactions and combats seemed fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man do you have an extensive collection of armies! Nice!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mate and main opponent Stephen has more than double the figures/armies I have !!
    The Assyrians here and Hittites in last game both his the Minoans my only 'Biblical' period army.

    ReplyDelete