Tuesday, April 07, 2020

Game preparation - Lutzen 1813 'The Guard Counterattacks'

In midst of setting up a Napoleonic game based around Guard Counterattack at Lutzen around the 4 villages (based around a Gen De Brigade scenario).
Played this once before in anger with FOB but using larger table and units (4 stands instead of 2) this outing.

Not sure whether to use Field of Battle (would be no brainer if 3rd version was in my mitts), Piquet: Les Grognards, Die Fighting, Gen d'Armee or indeed another set.
FOB would be easiest overall for solo play..................

Not often I get to field my entire collection of Young Guard units (12).





2 comments:

  1. That's a nice setup.
    Of course, I read the title quickly and thought 'Squad Leader & Tractor Works' ...but FoB a better choice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good; 12 units of Young Guard! I think I have 6 (plus 2 Middle Guard, 4 Old Guard).

    ReplyDelete