Thursday, August 06, 2020

A Wargamers 'blind date'

++++ Precursor/disclaimer - I am not cheating on my wife of 35 years !! ++++

I was contacted recently via Board Game Geek by a chap (Colin Campbell) who lives in Belfast who had seen my Blog.
Colin is a long time Wargamer (whose name I recognised but did not recall meeting before) who has recently moved abode and had to downscale (oh the horror !!) his miniatures collection but who has fallen in love with Board Wargaming in last 18 months or so.

We agreed to meet (ie the 'blind date') and so I trundled off to his home last night (30 min drive).

Colin had Clash Of Monarchs set up and is playing through the introductory scenario to try to learn this fairly deep but complex CDG.
We ended up waffling (ie chatting/discussing for you non Ulster readers) for hours about our wargaming history and likes/dislikes and mutual acquaintances, being NI not unusual to find we sort of ran in same circles unbeknownst to each other (I already regret not having had a game in 'The Basement') over the years.

We did play a short card phase of COM as I took first Austrian Turn so did manage a little bit of actual gaming !

Colin to visit me next and maybe we might actually play a game but no promises..............


Clash Of Monarchs on Colin's table (note his home made stand-up Leaders) and he has highlighted the various Theater and Regional boundaries on the map.




  

1 comment:

  1. Always great to meet new like minded gaming chums!

    ReplyDelete