Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Mortem Et Gloriam - Sassanid Persian vs Early Byzantine


Another outing with MEG today.

Maximus size again with my Sassanids fielded against Stephens Early Byzantines.

We both manoeuvred a tad more than in previous games with mounted units and I managed to get my Elephants into contact with a bit of zig zagging.

I used a unit of 6 Cataphracts which generated the best combat dice I have used yet (Greens and Yellows vs Whites) but who still managed to lose and die !

The Superior Persian Asvaran are tough troops but the Average types proved brittle.

Byzantines prevailed but it was as ever a bloody game.














2 comments:

  1. Looks like you were a little defensive. The Byzantine left were all over you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A poor run of cards stymied efforts to deploy on my right and I got my Average units caught and destroyed whilst my own Superiors and Cataphracts were impotent. Such is life

      Delete