Saturday, August 28, 2021

L'Art De La Guerre - Galatians versus Alexandrian Macedonian

Another game of LADG at Stephens today (he does like this set !) against his Alexandrian force as he wanted to give them an outing.

I used Galatian as nearest I could manage to contemporary opponent.

Great game this one with my Galatian foot getting to grips with the Macedonian pikes and elephants early on.

For once things were mostly even at impact giving my lot the chance to inflict some damage with furious charge.

I did manage it in 2 impact combats but failed with 5 others (additionally two drawn combats) which put me on back foot once again for ensuing melee combats with disordered units.

On my left I was trying to hold the Companion cavalry with warriors and chariots which worked initially whilst my Greek allies tried to turn Macedonian flank on my right which was fairly filled with terrain.

We exchanged hits for a couple of turns but I suffered more destroyed units and my left was being overwhelmed despite killing the elite Macedonian Hypasists unit.

On right I had pushed towards the enemy camp, which had I managed to sack would have given me the win, but too many losses in middle saw me defeated just prior to making contact.





My Greek allies on right flank








A narrow battlefield suited my Galatians




No comments:

Post a Comment