Thursday, March 10, 2022

L'Art De La Guerre- couple of some High Medieval bashes

Couple of games of ADLG today at Stephens as he is entering a competition in a strange, far off, foreign and alien land ie the Republic of Ireland (Limerick I think ?) this coming June.

Theme is High Medieval period (lists 230-268) and so he was wanting to try out a couple of armies. I have nothing later than 1100AD so Stephen had to provide both protagonists (no real problem with his sizeable figure collection) from a selection of very quickly compiled army lists I had sent him (competition has armies of 2225pts)

First up he chose his Ottoman Turks and I selected Medieval Hungarian as it included 2 War Wagons which is a troop type we have not used in ALDG before and therefore good practice to see them in action. Fun and interesting game with the war wagons being fun to see in action.

Second game was Stephens Burgundian Ordnannce (I really love the figures and banners in this) and I picked Medieval Teutonic as their foes. Another fun game with lots of heavy Knights and foot on display on both sides.









No comments:

Post a Comment