Friday, December 30, 2022

Commands & Colors: Ancients last bash with son

Had a final board gaming session with son before his departure back to England on Thursday.

He is quite taken with Commands & Colors Ancients so that is what we played completing 3 scenarios. 

He took Carthos this time around in each scenario so I was Romans who came out winners in 2 out of the 3.

An easy game to teach and play although I had forgotten in earlier games that Leaders effect adjacent hexes in combat.

I regret not expanding C&C collection beyond base game as so many expansions are now out of print or massively expensive here in UK, although I have not played every scenario in base game yet.  

Was great to get some play in with Steven and hopefully more visits next year.









 

9 comments:

  1. Quality wargaming time! Not sure where I read it, but I think some reprints are being planned and the reprints will be in pairs to reduce redundancy of repeat units. Thanks for a year of sharing your table. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly was. Will keep a look out for re-prints.

      Delete
  2. I have the original only myself, but have never actually played it!
    I think the rules and scenarios for most of the C&C series can be downloaded on line; I know it is true for the Napoleonic version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bit like me and To The Strongest :-)

      Delete
    2. Rather the case, LOL!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous4:38 am

    you can get all the versions online. https://www.commandsandcolors.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice resource but I prefer physical games (although I do use Vassal)

      Delete
  4. The best is the first expansion, Greece and the Eastern Kingdoms. Recently reprinted in last few years.
    Neil

    ReplyDelete