Wednesday, January 10, 2024

L'Art De La Guerre - another couple of games


Couple more practice games for Stephen today with LADG

I used Order of St John list for both games whilst Stephen tried Burgundian again and Golden Horde Mongol.

Mind you he has still not decided which of his myriad of armies he will use in competition !









First game was against the Burgundians and it was a tense affair especially for me as I tried an out flank, which of course failed to arrive.

As the 4 elements count as lost until they arrive this weakened my army and losses saw Knights of St John fold whilst awaiting the flanking command.

Note the large Balrog visible in first pic is not in reserve/outflanking, it is a 'clix' type figure I found in my loft which I gifted Stephen as he is much more likely to use whereas I would not, will not, nor have not :-)
























Second game against Mongols was a tricksy affair as my lot not really wanting to chase a horse archer type army and the Mongols doing lots of shooting and evading. 

They had an Ottoman ally which went unreliable but later activated.

We failed to finish this one (but Mongols in ascendancy) as we had discussion as to how best to use artillery and indeed if it could be deployed in a village (yes if on a road ?) or could be included in an Ambush (we were very unsure but think now answer is no).





   

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a couple of good games; catching up to back posts, obviously!

    ReplyDelete