Friday, January 05, 2024

L'Art De La Guerre - two games played

First game session of New Year (after missing couple of weeks due to other circumstances) and it was with LADG to give Stephen further practice for Munster at end of month.

He has still not decided what army he will use (having a proliferation of available types) but tried Burgundian and then Ottoman Turk.










First up I used Order of St John against his Burgundian and for a change I choose (having won the option) mountainous terrain (we do find that 9 of 10 games are in Plains) and this lead to a clustering of terrain in my right corner.

Lots of maneuvering due to terrain and I came undone when my Brilliant CinC on my right rolled minimum PIPs for a couple of turns thwarting my attempt to turn enemy flank before they done same. 

Burgundians won this one easily and I lost 2 General in combat (he can roll ones when he wants to !)















Second game I used Free Company list against the Ottomans and on a more open table. 

The Jannisaries are tough troops as Elite shooters and fighters (swordsmen) although I did have some Elite English Longbowmen.

Turks had upper hand early on due to effective shooting but as game wore on I did inflict several losses and managed to outflank a fortification killing occupants.

However on my left my knights suffered and were outflanked with my Camp in danger just as game ended (I had lost 21 with Turks losing 14 elements) but a much tighter game overall.



















I did manage a game session over Christmas period with my son - who was home for a few days - of the British Way using the Malayan situation. I won first easily (Steven learning game) but second ended in a draw. I neglected to take pics however 

(Pic of Malayan game from a solo session)





5 comments:

  1. Would love to see your Lists - namely the Free Company and the Turks. Are they posted anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Free Company list I used was: 21 Elements, Initiative 2 with CiC (Brilliant) 2 x Hv Kn Impetuous/Elite 2 x Hv Kn Impact, Sub Gen (Competent) 3 x Foot Kn Elite 2 x Armoured Hv Swordsmen(2HW) 3 x Crossbow with Pavise, SubGen (Competent) 2 x Hv Cav Impact 4 x English Longbow Elite 2 x Light Inf Javelin 1 x Levy. Note this is 225 points which is what they are use in competition (no idea if that is standard for Medieval 'themed' competitions ?). Cant recall make up of mates Turk list.

      Delete
  2. Nice looking games. The first was certainly "terrain rich" and looked like it would be troublesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using Mountain terrain was to give mate some practice with something other than usual Plains although it sort of clustered in one sector :-)

      Delete
  3. You have to beat Stephen at least once, Gary!

    ReplyDelete