Thursday, September 24, 2026

L'Art De La Guerre - two games again












LADG at Stephens today.

He wanted to use his Justinian (Belisarius) Byzantines so I brought Avars, so lots of shooters on both sides, and it proved to be a really quick but ding dong battle decided by the loss of 6 of my 7 Light Horse.

We had another game (always a bonus with LADG) and I used Punic Romans against a Gallic force in a much more cagey game but the extra 4 elements Gauls fielded helped them envelope my left wing whilst my right failed to exploit initial advantage they had (I had a stellar set of  combat rolls on one turn but only one turn................).

Apparently a new version of rules in the offing but both unsure what changes are needed or indeed desired ?


Steppe nomads take on the Eastern Romani


















Republican Rome faces the 'Barbarian Horde'























No comments:

Post a Comment