Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Hitler's Reich another fine outing

Game of Hitler's Reich with my Dad and another excellent game it was.
My Dad as Axis went with a new strategy by essentially ignoring Russia in early war and taking control of the UK and surrounding seas despite the despairing efforts of the Royal Navy !
He then defended gains once Russia entered war holding out for a Survival Win at end of 1945.
Not holding UK means Op Overlord is a bust (ie does not take place) and leaves Op Bagration as only Allied major offensive.
I was unable to knock Axis out of Africa so Italy was not a route to Reich I could access either.
Op Bagration was only marginally successful and what gains I made were lost keeping me away from Berlin.
Fun stuff with this highly abstract but hugely enjoyable game.









2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes great fun despite overall abstractions and very much a 'just wait until next time' type game.

      Delete