Thursday, October 01, 2020

Field of Glory Napoleonic - A 'bubbling' game

After much discussion, Stephen and I decided to continue face to face gaming (will review every week) as counting each other as 'bubbling' and as such maintaining minimal social contact (ie no-one to infect or be infected by). 

If my Dad had wished to continue contact (parents have decided to essentially self-isolate again) I would have 'bubbled' with him instead (no offence Stephen !)

So another game of FOGN with Stephen choosing 1815 Anglo-Dutch and I therefore 1815 French

Interesting game with Brits using Flexible Defence and French trying Envelopment as I had 2 Cavalry Divisions.

Both Cavalry earmarked to appear on my left flank in enemy half of table.

They arrived on turns 2 and 3 but would have preferred to see my heavy Cuirassier arrive first instead of light Cavalry Division.

Still had Stephen guessing and sort of 'forced' him to keep his Cavalry Division in Reserve in central sector.

This left me with 2 on-table Infantry Divisions (One of Veteran troops) to hold the line until flankers arrived.

Sort of worked as Brits delayed by first turn Flexible Defence move restrictions and slower speed of Unreformed Foot.

But my Cavalry failed to make sufficient Impact on arrival and my right wing folded under pressure of Veteran British foot (failing all Rally attempts did not help) and as per last game I had 30% losses whilst British had just over 10% losses but managed to Rally 3 units to force a subsequent auto Victory.












No comments:

Post a Comment