Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Field Of Glory Napoleonic - Peninsular action

Games at Stephens today using FOGN again (so easy to just bring a long an army).
1810/11 French against British in Spain was the match up with the fate of France in my hands once more (the fools !!)
Another very quick playing game (3 hours plus waffle saw this one to a conclusion) but a bit frustrating as once more I simply could not out roll Stephen anywhere of consequence.
I had a unit of Guard Chasseurs a Cheval (Superior Veteran Guard) which faced off against a unit of British Dragoons (Shock with an attached gun) so being Lighter types I had 5 dice to his 7 and he hit of a 3+ to my 4+, of course he scored 5 hits Wavering my lot and I managed a single hit without any re-rolls (2s and 3s only !!!) so was forced to perform an outcome which of course went 8" so facing away from Brits.
They being Impetuous followed although failing to maintain contact in the pursuit but whilst I managed to Recover from Wavering to Disordered I was subsequently hit in rear (back to Wavering) and broken in 2nd melee.
A Hussar unit on my left was shot to bits and I lost an Infantry unit to a 4 hits out of 4 roll by an Extended line leaving me with 3 Routed units which with 3 other Wavered units took me over 40% losses (vs only 10% British) and defeat once more
Think I may be better off just fielding lots of cheap Conscripts maybe a Spanish army !? :-)


























8 comments:

  1. With such a large variety of games on your table, do you ever confound the rules between systems?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On occasion yes :-)
      But i confess i like variety in my games

      Delete
  2. Well, if you played Spanish you could at least lose more units before hitting 40% losses...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed plus I have a nice palette to follow from your site :-)
      Of course they would be in a long queue behind other unpainted projects !!

      Delete
  3. Hopefully the Brit HC scored 6 hits (not 5) on your Guard LC. Otherwise you're going to be really annoyed ... as Guards need 6 hits to waver (8 to break).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed ! And seems I they should Retired facing as LC only turn after 10” not 8” I am told. C’est la Guerre

      Delete
  4. Must get around to giving my Peninsular allied army an outing at some stage. Have spent the last 9 years painting it up and about 90% complete. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hugh yes must get a game in especially as am retiring end of July :-)

      Delete