Tuesday, September 17, 2019

L'Art De La Guerre two more encounters

Played another double header at Stephens today using L'Art De La Guerre again.

This time I fielded Galatians (trying out an Paionian Ally) and Sassanids once more.

Stephen used Classical Indian and Maurikian Byzantine respectively.

Two more excellent games although my dice rolling with Galatians had me screaming blue murder as in two rounds of combat I managed to roll 9 x 1 !!!!!!
No troops can win with this sort of rolling.
I really must try To The Strongest as no bloody wee 6-sided feckers involved, although no doubt I will find cards hate me to :-)


Much better balanced rolls in second game although Stephen just always seems to roll high on the key combats as ever.

This set so playable and well written we wondered how we ever managed to toil through DBMM/DBMM never mind 7th Edition, obviously youthful minds were a great aid !










2 comments:

  1. You can certainly manage bad luck with cards as well as dice, although the cards do limit it slightly - there are only 8 Aces in a deck of 80 cards, after all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything involving numbers seems to hate me including bank balance :-)

      Delete