Saturday, October 26, 2019

L'Art De La Guerre at Ulster Wargames Society

Attended UWS today with Stephen and we managed to play a whopping 3 games of LADG !
Stephen wanted to try out a couple of armies for possible use in Munster Competition in January.
First up he had Hunnic and I used Sassanids.
A fairly tight game this one with multiple losses on both sides but a very good melee phase by Stephen (surprise surprise) saw him Disorder 5 fresh units tipping my lot over edge.
Next up Stephen had Gothic and I used Urgyuk Turkish (bit out of sync time wise).
This was much more of slaughter of my lot as Gothic lancers chased down my Mounted Heavy Bowmen and minced them.
For third game Goths tried again against Sassanids.
I tried to do an outflank with my Cataphract command which whilst it certainly surprised Stephen of course failed to appear before rest of army chinned.

Bryn watched last two games and was amazed, nay flabbergasted at number of 1s I could roll (I did roll a few 6s but the 1s were Legion) so much so he expressed a fear of even touching my dice in case contagious !!
I will win one of these LADG games one of these days....................






























Stole these next couple of pics from Bryn































2 comments:

  1. Wonderful looking lines of battle Sgt, impressive pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only my troops performance was as good as their looks :-)

    ReplyDelete